Wednesday 22 August 2012

POM Exam



This was a very different morning in NITIE. I sensed a nervous which was similar to which I used experienced till 4 years before. I had entered NITIE’s exam hall to give my very first POM exam. This was an exam in which I had to answer on my experiences rather along with just studies. Secondly when its related to Dr.Mandi you can always expect surprises. I got even more nervous when I saw my friend Rahul Ghosh Roy sitting beside me.He was the most tensed person in the class.



The paper was distributed to each one of us.Finally the paper landed in my hands and a quick glance brought a smile to my face. I had studied the syllabus and was happy to see most of the questions in my zone.
Time management was not a major worry for a lot of people as everyone was well prepared. The major issue in an exam is the preparation and the time management. Since most of the people had read the concepts well, so the other factor was not a big issue.
We had to share the examination hall with Section C who had their Financial Accounting Mid-Term but unlike us they had the issue of time management. The paper was a little lengthy as they say and they found it difficult to finish it in time.



We as students were writing answers , not from the books, but from the engaging discussions we had inside the classroom as well as the brainstorming we have to do in our blogs, and the learnings from the quiz. In my opinion exams are a means of testing knowledge as well as a rigorous test of our managing skills too, be it time management, pressure handling, of a test of knowledge, exams push us to our limits.  

The paper had a variety of questions almost engulfing the whole syllabus. From managerial skills to Hawthorne experiments, the paper had everything taught in the classes. Everyone took less than 1 hour to finish the paper and we could all see smiling faces post exam. They had this satisfaction that the hard work put in the preparation has finally reaped benefits.


No comments:

Post a Comment